Energy Smart Program
Energy Optimization Programs
Michigan state law, Public Act 295, also known as the “Clean, Renewable and Efficient Energy Act”, aims to help residents reduce their energy needs. The law requires Wyandotte Municipal Services (WMS) to assist their customers in gaining greater electric energy efficiency through the establishment of Energy Optimization programs.
- Energy Smart Program - Participating utility members of the Michigan Public Power Agency are providing energy-saving programs for their residential and business customers. Some of the programs offered are:
- Education – Various community outreach and school education programs on energy efficiency, electric safety and other are done throughout the year.
- Pilot – Many different energy efficiency options are explored for the pilot program and a different project is selected annually. Taking renewable energy credit for Geothermal has been one such project.
- Energy Audit Program - This program is still ongoing, so don’t miss your chance, call, 855.674.9926 now to schedule your Free Home Energy Audit.
- Low Interest Loans for Energy Saving Measures – through the grant programs WMS is able to buy down the interest rates to provide residents with low interest APR loans for installing energy efficient measures in their home or business.
- Residential: 1.99% APR through the Michigan Saves Program (temporary moratorium)
- Commercial: 1.99% APR through First Merchants Bank