What is VU-IT Powered by TiVo?
TiVo is the world’s most revolutionary and ingenious DVR. TiVo integrates the function of your cable box with a streaming web hub allowing you to connect to web-based apps and access tons of movies right from your TV. TiVo bring your most loved entertainment into one unified place. Imagine live TV, VU-IT! On Demand content and your favorite apps easily accessible for you to search and explore! With TiVo, you’ll never miss your favorite shows again. TiVo puts you in control with some cool features you may not see anywhere else such as instant replay and slow motions.
What is the size of the hard drives for TiVo DVRs?
The size of the hard drive is 1 Terabyte (TB).
How many shows/hours does that equate to?
Up to 150 HD hours or up to 1000 SD hours depending on the bit rate of the shows being recorded.
How many shows can I record at once?
Up to 6 shows. If all 6 recording, must watch 1.
Why do I need Wyandotte Cable's High Speed Internet to get TiVo from Wyandotte Cable?
We need to ensure your Internet connection is fast, reliable and secure. By providing that connection, we’ll be able to offer a better quality and experience to satisfy you. We will also be able to diagnose and provide a timely resolution to any problem that might occur. In addition, your video on demand content through VU-IT is Internet-based, so you need our Internet for it to work. Requires Turbo 100 or faster.
How do I access TiVo Central?
TiVo Central is the starting point or home-base from which you can access any and everything.
Press the TiVo button on your remote to access TiVo Central.
What are some functions I can access from TiVo Central?
- Discovery Bar
- My Shows
- What to Watch Now
- Manage Recordings & OnePass
- Settings & Messages
How do I navigate the Discovery Bar?
The Discovery Bar is the bar of images across the top of the TiVo Central screen and many other TiVo menu screens. What you’ll see in the Discovery Bar depends on your viewing habits. Often, the Discovery Bar displays ideas for shows you might like based on what shows you record and mark as your favourites. For example, if you record the show “Game of Thrones,” the Discovery Bar might display thumbnails for other shows, like “Vikings.” It all depends on what you’re interested in and what’s available to you. The Discovery Bar also displays lots of other great viewing options such as: popular shows or sports that are playing on live TV, items from your My Shows list, TiVo Suggestions, new VU-IT! On Demand shows, and more!
Press the Up arrow to move up to the Discovery Bar, then the Left and Right arrows to move around. Press the Select button on an image that interests you to open an information screen about that item.
What can I personalize on the Discovery Bar?
Customers can indicate the types of things they'd like to see in the discovery bar. For instance, you'll be able to tell your TiVo DVR that you'd like to see more movies, and less TV shows in the bar, or more free content and less paid content.
To customize what appears in the Discovery Bar:
Press TiVo Central > Settings & Messages > Settings > Displays > Customize Discovery Bar.
How does the TiVo service choose what is on the Discovery Bar?
When searching or browsing, the discovery bar will populate content that is relevant to what the user is searching for. If a user is not searching or browsing,the bar recommends content popular with other TiVo subscribers, or chosen by the TiVo editorial team as a highlight for that week. The TiVo service tries to present the best matches for what you're looking for, allowing you to discover new and interesting things to watch.
What is My Shows?
This lists all the shows that are recorded by your TiVo DVR including downloaded shows. You may highlight any title from My Shows (even a show that’s being recorded) and press Play to view the show from the beginning or to resume playing where you left off.
Shows are organized into folders. A number in parentheses to the right of each folder shows how many recordings each show folder contains. In addition to folders for each OnePass you’ve created, you’ll also see the following folders:
- Streaming Movies- which contains links to movies that are available to stream.
- TiVo Suggestions - if you have auto-recording of Suggestions turned on, any recorded Suggestions appear here.
- WishList® searches - if your Wish List searches are set to auto-record, any matches will be added to a Wish List folder.
- Currently Unavailable - contains links to streaming videos that are not currently available from any of your video providers. When items become available, they will be moved to the appropriate My Shows category.
- Recently Deleted Recordings - contains recently deleted recordings that are available for recovery.
What is What to Watch Now?
What to Watch Now sorts through all of your channels and video provider offerings to show you a list of what’s available right now. You can choose from Popular live TV shows, live Sports events, Movies, and Kids.
Select «What to Watch Now» to get started.
(You can also select «What to Watch Now» from your My Shows list.)
What is available under Manage Recordings & OnePass?
- To Do List
How do I use the To Do List?
To view the To Do List, from the TiVo Central screen:
Choose «Manage Recordings & OnePass», then «To Do List».
You’ll see a list of all shows scheduled to record in the next two weeks or so. Highlight any show and press the Select button to see available options.
- OnePass Manager
To create a OnePass search, find a series you want to watch, then
Choose «Create a OnePass». A OnePass folder for the series will be instantly created in My Shows
and all available episodes will be added.
To learn more about sorting and filtering a OnePass in My Shows, see Sorting and Filtering Shows
- How do I set up a recording manually
- How do I schedule a recording by Time?
- How do I schedule a recording by Channel Number?
Can I change my OnePass recording options?
Yes. When you create a OnePass, you can choose options that will give you exactly the results you want. Just highlight « Create a OnePass », then press the Right arrow and select « Options ». You can also change the options of any existing OnePass by going to the OnePass Manager. See Using the OnePass Manager for more information.
Choose to include recordings, streaming and on-demand videos (from sources like Vu-It! On Demand, Netflix and Hulu), or both in your OnePass results. Including streaming and on-demand videos in your OnePass will give you the best results, and streaming videos don’t take up any disk space!
Want to watch from the beginning? Choose Season 1. Just need to catch up? Choose a different season. Only want new episodes? Choose «New episodes only».
Rent or buy
Decide whether to include episodes that need to be rented or purchased before viewing. (The TiVo Service from Wyandotte Cable will not rent or purchase the items for you; you will have the option to rent or purchase them at the time of viewing.) If your OnePass includes recordings, the following options are also available:
Skip rerun or watch them all? Choose «New» to avoid reruns, or «New & Repeat» to get new episode plus repeats or «Everything».
Choose the channel on which to record the show, when more than one channel is available.
Get in HD
When you set the «Channel» setting (above) to «All», you can choose how often to get the HD version of a show: always, never, or if possible. Note that if you choose «always» and a show is not available in HD, it won’t be recorded. Likewise, if you choose «never» and a show is only available in HD, it won’t be recorded.
Keep At Most
Set the maximum number of recordings to be saved.
Choose how long to keep a recording (or each episode of a repeating recording). «Space needed» is the default setting, or choose «Until I delete» and your TiVo box won’t delete this episode to record something new.
Start recording up to ten minutes before a show is scheduled to begin. (This option is available only before recording starts.)
Set a recording to continue — for a few minutes or up to three hours — after it’s scheduled to end. You can change this setting when you set up the recording, or while the recording is in progress.
You can cancel the recording of any episode in a OnePass by highlighting the title in the To Do List and pressing the Clear button You can delete the entire OnePass or change its options using the OnePass Manager (see Using the OnePass Manager for more info).
What do I need to stream or download shows to mobile devices?
C. Login with your watchTVeverywhere login and password.
Don’t have watchTVeverywhere, call 734-324-7190.
D. Once your account is verified, the app will open to the «What to Watch» screen. To stream Live TV* or download a show to your device you must be on your home network.
Can I watch or download shows on a mobile device from my TiVo DVR?
A.Yes, you can stream a live show on to your device, however the show will be couple of seconds behind and it will automatically start a recording to your TiVo box.
B.To download a show to your device, you must be on your home network.
What devices can I stream recorded TiVo content to with a TiVo DVR?
TiVo DVR users will be able to access content on their home DVR via android devices and compatible iOS devices. You must download the free Vu-It! App for iOS and android devices called vu-it.tv in the app store.
When I'm using my TiVo, what can I do at home or away?
Due to the copy protection assigned by the content provider, not all content can be downloaded to your mobile device for offline viewing
Can I do this on other devices?
AT HOME AWAY
Watch live TV Yes No
Watch recordings from my TiVo DVR Yes No
Download recordings to my iOS or android device Yes No
Watch recordings already downloaded to my iOS or android device Yes No
Can I download my TiVo recordings on my Pad/iPhone to watch outside the home?
Yes, you can download recordings to your iOS or android device in the home using your home network so that you can take them with you.
Can I download any show or content to a mobile device or will some be copyright protected?
You can stream any TiVo recording within the home, including regular and some premium content. Due to Federal Communication Commission (FCC) copyright regulations, some premium content may be marked as “copy once” and therefore cannot be downloaded to the mobile device.
Can I watch live TV on my mobile device while out of my home?
No, not at this time. Due to the copy protection assigned by the content provider, not all content can be downloaded to your mobile device for offline viewing, and not all content can be streamed when you are away from your local network.
Can I watch a show on my mobile device while I am recording it?
Yes, you can watch a show on a mobile device as it is recording. Using the Record and Watch button on the VU-IT! app is the easiest way to start watching immediately; it automatically starts a recording and immediately plays it back on your mobile device in one-step.
Can I watch Live TV on my mobile device in the home while watching another program on the TV?
Yes, you can watch close to Live TV by streaming a show that is currently recording. Use the Record and Watch button on the app; it automatically starts a recording and immediately plays it back on your mobile device in one-step.
Can I download shows to my mobile device while out of my home?
No, you cannot.
Does the TiVo parental control cover streaming content?
No. Currently, streaming web-based apps through TiVo does not recognize the TiVo DVR’s parental controls. Therefore, it is possible for a minor to stream a show from a TiVo DVR that was restricted by parental controls. It is up to adults to monitor a child’s viewing of TiVo recordings on iOS or android devices just as they would for any Internet video content. We recommend putting a password on the iOS or android device itself
Can I remove the Video Window?
Yes. To temporarily hide the Video Window, press the Slow button Press Slow again to restore the Video Window.
If you’d rather permanently turn off the Video Window, from the TiVo Central screen select «Settings & Messages», then «Settings», then «Displays», then «Video Window».
Can I pause the video window while I'm searching?
You can press the Pause button on your TiVo remote to pause what’s playing in the Video Window, and press Pause again to resume playing.
How do I return to full screen from the video Window?
Press zoom button on your remote
How do I know the available space I have for recording?
A small bar underneath the words<<My Shows>> on the My Shows screen lets you know how much space you have available for new recordings on your TiVo DVR. If you don’t want to see the amount of space used, press A on your remote and choose the option to turn it on.
Can I sort and filter shows?
You can view <<My Shows>> either alphabetically by title (from A to Z) or by date added.
Press the B button to change how the list is sorted. Press it again to switch back.
When viewing a OnePass folder, press the button B to sort by season, date, or newest to oldest.
Press the C button to filter your OnePass views:
- <<My Episodes>> displays only episodes that match your OnePass options. Forexample, if you set up your OnePass to start at Season 3 and exclude episodesthat require purchase to view, only free episodes from Season 3 onward will bedisplayed. You can watch or delete shows from this view.
- <<All Episodes>> displays all episodes, regardless of your OnePass options. Forexample, even if your OnePass starts at Season 3 and excludes episodes thatrequire purchase to view, this view will display all episodes in the series. You canwatch episodes from this list, but you can’t delete them.
- <<Recordings>> displays only recordings included in your OnePass. This viewcan be helpful if you are trying to manage disk space.
Are their parental controls for TiVo?
Yes. With TiVo there are parental controls to help you make sure your family has access to only those shows you want them to watch. You can set limits on movie and television ratings, lock specific channels, and prevent viewing of recorded shows that violate the settings you choose.
Will there be parental controls similar to TiVo's interface for streaming app content?
No. Currently, TiVo stream does not recognize the TiVo DVR’s parental controls; it is possible to stream a show from a TiVo DVR that has been restricted by parental controls. It is up to adults to monitor a child’s viewing of TiVo recordings on devices just as they would for any internet video content. We recommend putting a password on the device itself.
Does TiVo support both HD and SD programming?
Yes. You can enjoy both HD and SD programming in a crisp viewing experience.
What is a TiVo WishList?
- On a TiVo DVR, from the TiVo Central screen, choose «Find TV, Movies, &Videos», then «WishList Searches».
- Select «Create a new WishList Search».
- Next, start choosing criteria for your WishList search. You can choose any or allof the following:
Title Keyword Search for shows with specific words in the show or episode title.
Actor Search for shows with your favourite actor.
Director Search for shows by a specific director.
Category Search for specific categories and sub-categories of shows forexample, action movies or nature documentaries.
•Actor: Johnny Depp
After you’ve created the WishList search, your DVR will automatically record any shows
matching your search, unless you decide to turn the auto-recording feature off. Each
auto- recording WishList Search and its upcoming recordings are marked with Check Marks in
the To Do List and the OnePass Manager.
Watching Live TV
When you’re watching a show as it is being broadcast, you’re watching live TV.
Press the Live TV button once to go to live TV from any TiVo menu screen.
Note: If you press the Live TV button more than once it will switch tuners.
Moving around in time
When you pause live TV, you see a status bar showing a one-hour period. The green
segment shows the portion of the hour that has been saved by your TiVo DVR. The
white line marks your current point in time. When the white line is back in the green
segment, you’re behind live TV.
3. Press Pause again, and, with the show paused, press the Fast Forward button
to move a small step forward. Press Rewind to move a small step back. Press Play to
resume watching at normal speed.
4. Press the Replay button ®. The show jumps back 8 seconds — useful for when
you miss a great sports play or a bit of dialogue, or for when you fast forward too far.
6. Press the Advance button ®. You’ll instantly move forward 30 seconds.
7. Press and hold the Advance button and presto! You’re caught up to live TV.
8. Press Fast Forward button and Advance button to Skip to Tick.
How do I rate a show?
Press the thumbs up button or thumbs down button.
TiVo Suggestions uses these ratings to create a list of shows you might like. The more
shows you rate over time, the better TiVo Suggestions will get at finding interesting
shows for you.
Will TiVo record the shows it suggests?
Yes. When your TiVo DVR has available space, it automatically records TiVo
Suggestions. But you don’t ever need to worry about recorded Suggestions taking up
space — here’s why:
- TiVo Suggestions never replace shows you record, or prevent your shows from being recorded.
- TiVo Suggestions are always the first shows deleted to make room for your recordings.
Can I turn off recording to the TiVo Suggestion?
Yes. From the TiVo Central screen choose «Settings & Messages», then «Settings», then «Recording», then «TiVo Suggestions».
On the TiVo Suggestion screen, choose «No, don’t record TiVo Suggestions». You can still see the TiVo Suggestion list and choose to record individual shows.
Can I watch a show while it's being recorded?
- Yes, you can watch a show as it is being recorded; you can also watch any show from the My Shows list while other shows are being recorded.
- If you are recording 6 shows you must watch 1.
I haven't recorded enough shows to fill my TiVo DVR, but when I try to schedule more shows, the TiVo DVR says there isn't room.
- The TiVo Service from Wyandotte Cable includes smart scheduling features that track not only how much space you currently have on your TiVo DVR, but also how much space will be needed in the near future to record all the shows youhave scheduled. If your TiVo DVR will be full in the near future, the TiVo Service from Wyandotte Cable informs you and suggests options — such as allowing some shows to be deleted early — that will allow you to schedule additional recordings. With the TiVo Service from Wyandotte cable, you always have the final say over what gets recorded and how long it’s kept.
- The amount of recording space the TiVo DVR needs varies from channel to channel and from show to show. In general, the more action you see on your screen, such as in fast-moving sports or action movies, the more recording space is required. High-definition shows take up much more space than standard-definition shows.
What happens if a live event I have scheduled to record goes into overtime?
- If the TiVo Service from Wyandotte Cable detects that a recording you’re setting up is of a live show (like a sporting event or an awards show) you’ll see a message asking whether you’d like to add more time at the end of the recording, just in case it goes into overtime.
- If you are watching a show while it’s being recorded, you can add extra recording time from the Recording Options screen.
- To open Recording Options, select the show from your My Shows List, then choose « Modify recording» then «Recording options» then choose the amount of time you wish to add by selecting the «stop recording» option.
Is there a way to record a show that will not be aired for weeks or months?
- Create an auto-recording WishList search for shows that are not yet listed in theguide. To Create a WishList search, Go to «TiVo Central», then «Find TV, Movies, & Videos» then «WishList Searches».
- If you know the date, time, and channel on which the show will air, you can create a manual recording to record it. To create a manual recording, from TiVo Central choose «Manage Recordings & OnePass», then «Set Up a Manual Recording».
How do I get rid of the bars at the top and bottom or sides of the picture?
Letterbox bars (at the top and bottom) and side bars may be added to a show by the broadcaster, by your TiVo DVR or your TiVo Mini, or by your TV. In some cases, it may be difficult to determine the source of the bars in order to determine how to eliminate them.
- Set the TiVo DVR or TiVo Mini’s Letterbox Color to grey. From «TiVo Central»«Settings & Messages», select «Settings», then «Video», then «Letter box Color». Since most broadcasters add black bars, making the TiVo DVR or TiVo Mini bars grey will help you determine the source of the bars.
- Make sure your TV Aspect Ratio is set correctly. From «TiVo Central»«Settings & Messages», select «Settings», then «Video», then «TV Aspect Ratio».
What is Quick Mode?
QuickMode lets you watch a show 30% faster, while letting you hear what everyone is saying. QuickMode is available while you’re watching a recorded show, or if you’re “behind” live TV (for instance, if you have rewound a show that’s airing live).
Here’s how to use Quick mode:
How to access VU-IT! OnDemand on TiVo?
Your TiVo DVR and your TiVo Mini have access to thousands of the latest hit shows and movies!
Choosing an On Demand video
Press «TiVo Central» «Browse, TV, Movies» «VU-IT! On Demand»
What types of Parental Controls are available?
Parental Controls help you make sure your family has access to only those shows you want them to watch. Set limits on movie and television ratings, lock specific channels, and prevent viewing of recorded shows that violate the settings you choose.
From the TiVo Central screen, choose «Settings & Messages», then «Settings», then
«Parental Controls» or, select the padlock icon from the large info banner. The padlock icon in the info banner shows the current state of Parental Controls.
UnLock icon - Off No password or controls are set. The icon is dim and unlocked.
Lock icon - On Password and controls are set. The icon is bright and locked.
UnLock icon - Temporarily Off Controls are set but turned off. The icon is bright and unlocked.
Changing Parental Controls settings
Once Parental Controls are on, you must enter your Parental Controls password to change any Parental Controls settings or turn off Parental Control.
Rating settings: Set rating limits for shows, and choose how to handle unrated content.
When a channel is locked, the Parental Controls password must be entered to view the channel. You can lock specific channels, or all channels.
How do I change my PIN number?
Enter a new PIN, then re-enter the new PIN to confirm.
How do I turn on Parental Control?
Use the number buttons on your TiVo remote to enter a four- digit password, then enter the same password again for confirmation.
How do I turn off Parental Controls?
Enter the password, and press the Select button . When Parental Controls are off, the password is deleted and anyone can view any shows or watch any channels.
Quick tour – Using the guide and mini-guide
The mini-guide is a smaller version of the program guide. It shows you what’s coming up on the channel you’re watching and the next two channels. Press the Select button while watching live TV to bring up the mini-guide.
How do I move around in the guides (TiVo Live Guide, grid, or mini guide)?
- Press the Fast Forward button to move the displayed time ahead on half hour at a time, or press the Rewind button to move it backward.
- Press the Advance button to jump 24 hours ahead, or the Replay button to jump 24 hours back.
- Press Select on a show in progress, and the channel changes to that show. Press the Rec button to record it.
- Press Select on an upcoming show, and you’ll see a screen with options. Set up your OnePass or press the Left arrow to go back to the guide.
- Don’t see what you’re looking for? Press the Enter button while viewing the full program guide to jump directly to the Search screen.
Can I choose what channels are displayed on the guide?
Yes. You can use the Guide Options screen (press the A button) to choose which channels to display in the guide.
Press «TiVo Central» «Settings & Messages Settings» «Channels» uncheck the channels you don’t want to see in your guide
How Do I cancel a recording?
To cancel a recording, just highlight the show title on the To Do List and press the «Clear» button.
How do I view Recording History?
Choose «History» if you’re curious why a particular show or episode was not recorded or why it’s not scheduled to record, or when it was deleted from your My Shows list. The Recording History is organized by date; use the Up/Down arrows to browse the shows in the list. Select the show’s title for more information about it.
Can I recover deleted content?
Yes. Select «TiVo Central» «Manage Recordings & OnePass» «History select the show «Recover».
Can I order PPV from TiVo?
Most PPV events can be found on the VU-IT on Demand application on your TIVO converter. However, not all events are fully enabled at this time. With any difficulties ordering, please contact customer services at 734-324-7190.
How do I set my recordings to automatically start 1 minute before or end 1 minute after?
- Yes, Find a video on either "YouTube" or "YouTube Kids" App and click on the«Cast button». You'll see the name of your TiVo on the list. Pick it, and the video starts playing on your TiVo. Please remember to cast you need to be on thesame network as your TiVo.
Is there a caller ID display like Prism?
- No there is no caller ID display on your TiVo box like Prism/Arris
Glossary of on-screen icons
Streaming video that is currently unavailable.
Recording will be kept until space is needed.
Recording may be deleted in less than three days to make room for other recordings you have requested, but only if space is needed.
Recording may be deleted in less than one day to make room for other recordings you have requested, but only if space is needed.
Recording will be deleted in less than three days, due to copyright restrictions.
Currently being recorded.
Currently downloading or streaming from another TiVo box.
Plain folder – contains more than one episode of the same series.
Folder with red or blue circle – contains a show that is currently recording (red) or downloading/transferring (blue).
Folder with white star – contains one or more shows recorded by a WishList search.
TiVo® Suggestion. TiVo Suggestions are recorded only if space is available, and are the frst to be deleted when space is needed.
Other TiVo boxes on your home network.
To Do List & upcoming episodes
(These icons appear beside shows scheduled to be recorded or downloaded.)
Show will be recorded or downloaded as an individual recording (not part of a OnePass or WishList® search).
Show will be recorded or downloaded as part of a OnePass.
Show will be recorded as part of a WishList search.
Get where you want to go quickly! From the TiVo Central® screen, press the followingnumber buttons for these shortcuts:
OnePass Manager To Do List
WishList Search screen
Browse TV & Movies