Video On Demand (VOD) FAQ
What do I need to do to get Wyandotte VOD?
If you have Wyandotte Digital, HD, or HD-DVR service you already have it! Access it from your remote by pressing “On Demand” or “VOD”. It can also be activated from the Interactive Program Guide, Menu, Quick Menu Bar, or by tuning your receiver to channel 001. If you do not have a digital or HD receiver, contact Customer Assistance at 734.324.7190 Monday - Friday from 8am-5pm. Our representatives can help you decide which package you would like and arrange for us to install the equipment in your home.
How do I use VOD?
Access it from your remote by pressing “On Demand” or “VOD”. It can also be activated from the Interactive Program Guide, Menu, Quick Menu Bar, or by tuning your receiver to channel 001. Choose the program you would like to watch from the VOD menus, then select the watch icon (On free programs, the watch icon is the picture of an eye while on paid programs it is the icon which says “BUY”) and your program should begin. You can watch the program, pause it, rewind and fast forward it as if it were on DVD.
Does VOD cost any money to use?
Many programs are free and can be viewed at no cost, some cost money much like Pay-Per-View. You can tell by looking in the upper left corner of the programs description where there will be a price for a paid program. Also, anytime you order a program which costs money you will be prompted a second time to conﬁrm your order with the amount.
How many Times can I watch a pay movie/event I ordered on VOD?
As many times as you like within the time frame speciﬁed. For most programs this is 24 hours. Some programs allow up to 48.
How will I be billed for movies I choose to pay for?
Movies and events are billed as a line-item on your Wyandotte Municipal Service bill, just like Pay‐Per-View.
Does parental control work on VOD?
Yes, it operates seamlessly with VOD since it blocks viewing programs based on rating.
If I order a movie can I watch it on any of my other TVs in the house?
Yes, as long as those other TVs have digital receivers, for as long as the rental timeframe allows.
Why don’t you have [insert channel or program here] on Wyandotte VOD?
There is only so much bandwidth available and there are contractual issues with some programmers that make these issues complicated. We are continuing to expand our list of free VOD content and we welcome your suggestions and feedback
in regards to which titles and channels we add in the future.
How do I go back one screen in the VOD menu?
Go back one screen by pressing the LAST button on your Wyandotte Digital Remote.
How do I get out of a VOD program and back to regular TV?
You can press STOP or EXIT on your Wyandotte Digital remote. Note: pressing LIVE TV will not work in VOD mode.
Can I record programs I order on VOD to the hard drive of my DVR?
No it is not possible.
Can I use Wyandotte VOD on my TIVO?
No. At this time third party DVRs and cable boxes are not supported.
I tried to order a VOD program and I got an error code…what does it mean?
• 220 Error: This error occurs when someone tries to order an HD program on a digital box. Any program in the VOD menu that is in HD will have “HD” after the title. To upgrade to our HD or HD-DVR service please call 734.324.7190 Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm.
• 301 Error: This error occurs when someone tries to order a movie or event which will put them over their monthly or daily credit limit. Most customers have a $75 per month limit. If you would like your credit limit raised please ask Customer Assistance, they are available at 734.324.7190 Monday - Friday from 8am-5pm.
• 403 & 408 Errors: These error codes can have a number of causes. They can indicate a problem with the box, a problem with the physical cabling to the box, or a larger scale problem with the VOD server. Please contact Customer Assistance at 734.324.7190 Monday - Friday from 8am-5 pm.
• 462 Error: This error can be caused by problems with the billing database but can also be caused by network issues. Please contact Customer Assistance at 734.324.7190 Monday - Friday from 8am-5 pm.
• 465 Error: This error is almost always caused by the cable box. Please contact Customer Assistance at 734.324.7190 Monday - Friday from 8am-5pm.